In many women after the age of 35, because of weakness of urinary and pelvic floor muscles, loss control of urine. After the age of 50, two of file women has this problem of varied intensity, but because of poor understanding of disease, social stigma, they do not approach urologist.
This patient leak urine while coughing, sneezing, laughing, running ect. This condition is known as Stress Urinary Incontinence.
What are the treatment options?
- Life style modification
- Pelvic floor exercise (Kigel’s exercise)
- Minimal Invasive surgery
- Weight reduction
Who has more chances to developed this disease?
- Women more than two or more normal delivery or forcep delivery
- Women with history of smoking
- Obese women
- Pelvic floor surgery (Hysterectomy)
What is sling surgery?
Small incision is kept in vagina underneath the urethra and sling is placed, around the urethra to lift it back into a normal position and to exert pressure on the urethra to aid urine retention.
- Surgery last for 15-20 minutes
- Patient is kept in the hospital for 12 to 24 hours
- Almost more than 90% of patient gets total control of urine
- Procedure has all the advantages of minimally invasive surgery.